I’ve done a lot of packing lately, so you get to reap the fruit of my labors.
Most of the things on this list are last minute items. This tends to be a trend, so remember to think about the items you use in the morning when you go to pack.
- Chargers – When you wake up, put these in your bag. If you’re going on a flight they go in your carry on. It will be hell without them, so don’t forget them. Another tip is if you’re going to a place you visit frequently (i.e. school or home) keep a charger at both places so you don’t have to bother packing it at all. Dummy proof as much as you can.
- Morning Toiletries – do you shower in the morning? Fill up a travel bottle with shampoo while you shower. While you’re there check and see if you need anything else. You’re going to want razors, deodorant, CONTACT CASES, tooth brush, toothpaste, hair products and anything else you’d need. Definitely don’t forget your contact case. You can get by without most toiletries, but contact cases are not negotiable.
- Your computer – don’t forget this, and snag its charger while you grab it. Everyone travels with a computer now-a-days, so if you need it to check on your sites in the morning, don’t forget it on the counter.
- A pillow – if you’re going somewhere where you don’t have a hotel room, a pillow is necessary. Going to a friend’s? Chances are you can crash on their couch and they’ll have an extra blanket, but let’s be real – couch pillows are the shit of hell.
- Your wallet – in the hectic hour of packing, don’t forget your wallet. You might need your ID, especially if you’re going to the airport or are going to go out for drinks later.
- Lock your doors – this might not be a packing item, but if you’re leaving your house, don’t forget to lock your door – especially if you’re going to be gone for a while.